The boxes build we decided to deploy 3 of the boxes in the forest. (1 RPi Master, 2 Slave nodes). The nesting boxes were already prepared a few months in before and it was just a matter of placing them in the nesting boxes and connect everything together.
The nesting boxes are running since then, in the middle of a forest, without much problems. We needed to replace the mobile stick on the RPi one time and have some trouble with the mobile connecting depending on weak signal and weather. Which isn’t much of a problem because the RPi caches the pictures and uploads them as soon a mobile connection is established.
The nesting places itself are empty at the moment and there isn’t much we can do about that other then wait.
We also decided to use the last year prototype again this year in a great tit nesting box, located in the garden, which yields more satisfying results.
Update on the garden nesting box:
Bird is gone. Bye bye little bird. ;( We removed the garden nesting box. We will rebuild the lightning system and readjust the camera lense. Hopefully a second breed will follow in this box this year.